1st Cabin Steward/ess (f/m/d) – River – 1005738
River cruises offer new perspectives, destinations and challenges every day. Take your chance to get to know the most beautiful ports and cultures in Europe. Follow the Danube to Vienna, the Eiffel Tower on the Seine or explore Amsterdam with your team. With enthusiasm and motivation for your job you will have the best career opportunities – with commitment and team spirit you will win friends for life. Since on most of our river ships the board language is English, the English job description already awaits you here.
Your employer sea chefs – on a multifaceted mission: whether ocean cruises, expedition trips, luxury cruises or river cruises. As an experienced partner in hotel and crew management of international shipping companies, sea chefs offers unique career opportunities on board cruise ships in the premium to luxury segment.
Discover the most beautiful ports of Europe with us and experience your #WorldClassMoments!
You know hospitality from a to z but Antwerp and Zurich are miles away? With your job onboard, you will not only be visiting the most beautiful cities in Europe – you will make them your second home!
- Oversee the entire Housekeeping department functions and personnel
- Ensure that quality standards in cleaning and maintenance are met in both passengers and crew areas
- Control stocks, usage and distribution of consumables, equipment and machinery in all areas
- Oversee the operation of the laundry, linen keeping etc and safeguards the ship’s stocks
- Oversee, train, motivate and lead the team and addresses effectively any issues
- Ensure operations are carried out complying with HACCP and other safety and hygiene regulations
- Handle guest issues and addresses any service or other issues
What you bring on board:
- Hotel business trade education focusing on housekeeping
- Work experience in high end hotels or onboard of cruise ships
- Knowledge and adherence to HACCP and other relevant safety, hygiene and environmental regulations
- Management, leadership, organization and planning skills
- Fluent in English and /or German, depending on the ship
- Friendly, polite, positive attitude and team spirit
This is what awaits you on your journey
This is what we offer you:
Travelling the world
Paid and organized travel
International work environment
Free accommodation & catering
Exclusive crew areas
Great career opportunities
Development & training courses
Free uniform cleaning