Assistant Maître d’hôtel (f/m/d) – Expedition cruise – 634514
Gastronomy & Service
Be among the best – go from observer to explorer: with your job at sea chefs you will experience real adventures on board the youngest and most modern expedition fleet in the world: HANSEATIC nature, HANSEATIC inspiration and HANSEATIC spirit. Categorized with the highest ice class, the expedition fleet of Hapag-Lloyd Cruises reaches the most beautiful and remote places on earth.
Your employer sea chefs – on a multifaceted mission: whether ocean cruises, expedition cruises, luxury cruises or river cruises. As an experienced partner in the hotel and crew management of international shipping companies, sea chefs offers unique career opportunities on board cruise ships in the premium to luxury segment.
Discover the world with us and experience your #WorldClassMoments!
You know the hotel industry from A to Z, but Antarctica and Zanzibar are far away for you? Bring a breath of fresh air on board and impress not only the guests, but the whole world!
- Deputy (f/m/d) of the maître d‘hôtel
- Running a restaurant with up to 300 seats and 40 employees in breakfast, lunch and dinner service
- Enforcement of quality and hygiene standards
- Passenger contact person for complaints, suggestions and proposals
- Motivates crew members for excellent service performance
- Responsible for the crew trade show
- Support the maître d‘hôtel with employee scheduling
- Contract duration of your 1st contract: 3-6 months (gladly also after individual agreement)
We are looking for the best: You! Here’s what you bring on board:
- Education in the restaurant or hotel sector as well as several years of professional experience in a management position
- Very good knowledge of service and cuisine as well as beverage and wine knowledge
- Cost and quality consciousness
- Team player and leader with responsibility for up to 40 employees
- Very well-groomed and pleasant appearance with sympathetic and hüflichen manners
- Very good German and good English skills, both written and spoken
- Familiar with MS Office applications
What awaits you on your journey with us:
The most beautiful destinations on earth
Paid arrival & departure
International working environment
Free room and board
Exclusive crew areas
Good opportunities for advancement
Further education & trainings
Health and accident insurance
Free cleaning of the uniform
- All Benefits