Baker / Chief Baker (f/m/d) – Mein Schiff fleet – 1049256
Then start the adventure of a lifetime and come on board the My Ship® fleet: The fleet now has seven ships sailing the seas of the world and stands for contemporary premium vacations.
Your employer sea chefs – on a diverse mission: whether ocean cruises, expedition cruises, luxury cruises or river cruises. As an experienced partner in the hotel and crew management of international shipping companies, sea chefs offers unique career opportunities on board cruise ships in the premium to luxury segment.
Discover the world with us and experience your #WorldClassMoments!
This is what awaits you on your trip with us:
- Preparation of all kinds of baked goods (bread, rolls, croissants, etc.) on board
- Creating a wide variety of baked goods for guests and crew
- Recording and ordering ingredients in the ship’s own merchandise management system
- Creating baked goods for special evenings, occasions and for special meals;for special requests from guests
- Technical and disciplinary management of your team in consultation with the Executive Sous Chef
- Flexible working hours in the bakery (day or night shift possible)
- Contract duration of your first assignment: 4 months, subsequent follow-up contracts possible
- Your advancement will be based on your availability in connection with onboard scheduling and is generally possible all year round.
What you bring on board:
- Completed training as a baker and experience in the bakery business, ideally initial management experience
- Very good knowledge of baked goods, ingredients and recipes, which you are happy to pass on to your team.
- Managerial personality with the ability to lead and motivate a team professionally and disciplinary
- You are reliable and resilient and have no problem thinking outside the box.
- Groomed appearance and excellent manners
- Very good knowledge of German and English
This is what awaits you on your journey
What we offer you:
The most beautiful destinations on earth
Paid arrival and departure
International working environment
Free accommodation and meals
Exclusive crew areas
Good opportunities for advancement
Continuing education & Trainings
Health and accident insurance
Free uniform cleaning