Biologist (f/m/d) – Expedition cruise – 632809
Gastronomy & Service
Tourism and gastronomy
FAR AWAY? You want to combine your job and your passion for travel?
Go to the best – become from observer to explorer: with your job you will experience real adventures on board the youngest and most modern expedition fleet in the world: HANSEATIC nature, HANSEATIC inspiration and HANSEATIC spirit. Categorized with the highest ice class, the expedition fleet of Hapag-Lloyd Cruises reaches the most beautiful and remote places on earth.
Your employer Hapag-Lloyd Cruises – your place without limits. The cruise ships offer luxury and expedition cruises of unparalleled exclusivity and uniqueness. During your time on board, you will travel worldwide and contribute with your job to the realization of a wide range of cruise offers for the guests on board.
As a biologist on board, your job offers you plenty of room to discover the impressive flora and fauna of this world and to impart your knowledge as an expert to the guests. Whether the Arctic tundra or the endemic plant species in the Azores – with Zodiacs the exploration of these secluded natural experiences is möglich.
- Popular scientific, destination-specific lectures in German and English with our own visuals
- Excursion escort and translation on excursion buses
- Participation in outdoor activities such as hiking, kayaking, SUP, snowshoeing and camping depending on previous experience and cruising area
- Tourist announcements from the bridge as agreed with the General Expedition Manager/Captain
- Regularly contribute to „recaps/precaps“ (daily review or preview), general discussion panel with guests, and expert consultation sessions
- Free-lance activity with arrangement of individual assignment possibilities with regard to trade areas and their focus
- If necessary, blog contributions
This is what you bring on board:
- Science degree with a focus on biology
- Knowledge of microscopy
- Target area knowledge in the respective cruising areas
- Experience in outdoor voyage guiding an advantage
- Zodiac experience or willingness to learn
- Very good English language skills, other foreign language skills an advantage
- Enjoyment of guest contact and team player qualities
- A varied activity on board
- Free dry cleaning of your own clothes
- Opportunity to obtain your Zodiac license
The most beautiful destinations on earth
Paid arrival & departure
International working environment
Free room and board
Tourism and gastronomy