Chef de Cuisine (f/m/d) – Expedition Cruise – 1049247
Be one of the best – go from observer to explorer: With your job at sea chefs you will experience real adventures on board the youngest and most modern expedition fleet in the world: HANSEATIC nature, HANSEATIC inspiration and HANSEATIC spirit. Categorized with the highest ice class, the expedition fleet of Hapag-Lloyd Cruises reaches the most beautiful and remote places on earth.
Your employer sea chefs – on a diverse mission: whether ocean cruises, expedition cruises, luxury cruises or river cruises. As an experienced partner in the hotel and crew management of international shipping companies, sea chefs offers unique career opportunities on board cruise ships in the premium to luxury segment.
Discover the world with us and experience your #WorldClassMoments!
This is what awaits you on your journey with us:
- In this position, you are the decision-maker and responsible for the entire galley area and report to the Hotel Manager.
- You are responsible for up to 3 restaurants on board and are responsible for the planning and development of the menus.
- You are responsible for managing the galley area with up to 30 crew members, including rostering.
- You will provide your team with professional and disciplinary leadership and ensure an open feedback culture and harmonious interaction.
- As the contact person for the galley area, you will regularly show presence for the crew and guests.
- You always have an open ear for questions, suggestions and criticism from the guests.
- Contract duration of your 1st contract: 4 – 6 months (by individual arrangement)
What you bring on board:
- Completed training as a chef (f/m/d) and professional experience in a management position in upscale gastronomy and/or on board a cruise ship
- Very good specialist knowledge in the gastronomy sector and in food science, which you are also happy to pass on to your team.
- You are reliable and resilient and have no problem thinking outside the box.
- Managerial personality with the ability to lead and motivate a team professionally and disciplinary
- Groomed appearance and excellent manners
- Very good knowledge of German and English
- Familiar with MS Office applications
This is what awaits you on your journey
What we offer you:
The most beautiful destinations on earth
Paid arrival and departure
International working environment
Free accommodation and meals
Exclusive crew areas
Good opportunities for advancement
Continuing education & Trainings
Health and accident insurance
Free uniform cleaning