Chef de Rang (f/m/d) – Expedition cruise – 1029287
Be one of the best – go from observer to explorer: With your job at sea chefs you will experience real adventures on board the youngest and most modern expedition fleet in the world: HANSEATIC nature, HANSEATIC inspiration and HANSEATIC spirit. Categorized with the highest ice class, the expedition fleet of Hapag-Lloyd Cruises reaches the most beautiful and remote places on earth.
Your employer sea chefs – on a diverse mission: whether ocean cruises, expedition cruises, luxury cruises or river cruises. As an experienced partner in the hotel and crew management of international shipping companies, sea chefs offers unique career opportunities on board cruise ships in the premium to luxury segment.
Discover the world with us and experience your #WorldClassMoments!
This is what awaits you on your journey with us:
- As host and first point of contact for your guests, you will ensure a smooth service process and cordial guest care in one of the gourmet & specialty restaurants or in one of the first-class bars.
- You manage a service station of approx. 30 guests and coordinate your team consisting of Commis de Rang.
- You accompany the guests on their culinary journey from welcome to farewell and serve exclusive taste experiences.
- You also look after the cheese trolley or make wine and drink recommendations. Depending on the location, you will also have the opportunity to fillet and carve dishes on the guest.
- Contract duration of your 1st contract: 4 – 6 months (by individual arrangement)
Your start will be by individual arrangement based on your availability in connection with the work schedule on board and is generally possible all year round.
What you bring on board:
- Training in the restaurant/hotel sector and 2 years of professional experience in à la carte service, ideally in upscale gastronomy
- You are ready to take on your first management tasks.
- You are reliable, resilient and have no problem remaining service-oriented even in stressful situations.
- High willingness to work actively in a team.
- Excellent manners and host qualities
- Very good German and good English skills round off your profile.
This is what awaits you on your journey
What we offer you:
The most beautiful destinations on earth
Paid arrival and departure
International working environment
Free accommodation and meals
Exclusive crew areas
Good opportunities for advancement
Continuing education & Trainings
Health and accident insurance
Free uniform cleaning