Chef Patissier (f/m/d) – Expedition cruise – 1002778
Be among the best – go from observer to explorer: with your job at sea chefs you will experience real adventure on board the youngest and most modern expedition fleet in the world: HANSEATIC nature, HANSEATIC inspiration and HANSEATIC spirit. Categorized with the highest ice class, the expedition fleet of Hapag-Lloyd Cruises reaches the most beautiful and remote places on earth.
Your employer sea chefs – on multifaceted missions: whether ocean cruises, expedition cruises, luxury cruises or river cruises. As an experienced partner in hotel and crew management of international shipping companies, sea chefs offers unique career opportunities on board cruise ships in the premium to luxury segment.
Discover the world with us and experience your #WorldClassMoments!
What awaits you on your journey with us:
- In this position you are decision maker and responsible for the entire Patissier area and report to the Chef de Cuisine.
- You are responsible for the preparation of all desserts in the 3 restaurants on board.
- With your own creations on the dessert menu, you serve the guests exclusive taste experiences for various occasions.
- You lead your team professionally and disciplinarily and ensure an open feedback culture and harmonious interaction.
- As a contact person for the patissier area, you show regular & ßig presence for crew and guests.
- Contract duration of your 1st contract: 3 – 6 months (gladly also by individual arrangement)
What you bring on board:
- Completed training as a chef, pastry chef o.ä. as well as several years of experience in the Führung of the patisserie area
- Additional qualifications (such as sugar pulling, creating Schaustücken) advantage
- Very good expertise in the catering industry as well as in food science, which you also like to pass on to your team.
- You are reliable and resilient and have no problem to think outside the box.
- Leadership personality with the ability to lead and motivate a team professionally and disciplinary
- Groomed appearance and excellent manners
- Very good German and English skills
- Familiar with MS Office applications
This is what awaits you on your journey
This is what we offer you:
The most beautiful destinations on earth
Paid travel to & from
International working environment
Free room and board
Exclusive crew areas
Good career opportunities
Further education & Trainings
Health and accident insurance
Free uniform cleaning