Executive Chef (f/m/d) – Mein Schiff – 1011777
Then start the adventure of a lifetime and come aboard the My Ship® fleet: The fleet now has seven ships sailing the world’s oceans and stands for contemporary premium vacations.
Your employer sea chefs – on a multifaceted mission: whether ocean cruises, expedition trips, luxury cruises or river cruises. As an experienced partner in hotel and crew management of international shipping companies, sea chefs offers unique career opportunities on board cruise ships in the premium to luxury segment.
Discover the world with us and experience your #WorldClassMoments!
This is what awaits you on your journey with us:
- Decision maker and responsible for the entire galley area, in Rück consultation with the hotel manager
- Overall responsibility for the budget and ensuring compliance with the food cost
- Control of the ingredient order in the ship’s own inventory control system
- Departmentüinterdepartmental mouthpiece, both for your crew and for the officers
- Technical and disciplinary leadership of your team of up to 200 crew members, incl. Duty rostering and scheduling
- Present during service hours and contact person for guests for suggestions, proposals and criticism of the food and galley area
- Contract duration of your first assignment: 4 months, subsequent follow-up contracts possible
What you bring on board:
- Completed training as a chef (f/m/d) as well as several years of professional experience in a management position in the upscale gastronomy and / or on a cruise ship wünschenswert
- Very good technical knowledge in the field of gastronomy and food science, which you also like to pass on to your team.
- Economical, budget-oriented thinking as well as the ability to understand business goals
- Fünlichkeit with the ability to lead and motivate a team professionally and disciplinary
- Groomed appearance as well as excellent manners
- Very good German and English skills
- Familiar with MS Office applications
This is what awaits you on your journey
This is what we offer you:
The most beautiful destinations on earth
Paid travel to & from
International working environment
Free room and board
Exclusive crew areas
Good career opportunities
Further education & Trainings
Health and accident insurance
Free uniform cleaning