Executive Chef (f/m/d) – River – 859926
River cruises offer new perspectives, destinations and challenges every day. Take your chance to get to know the most beautiful ports and cultures in Europe. Follow the Danube to Vienna, the Eiffel Tower on the Seine or explore Amsterdam with your team. With enthusiasm and motivation for your job you have the best career opportunities – with commitment and team spirit you win friends for life. Since on most of our river ships the board language is English, the English job description already awaits you here.
Your employer sea chefs – on a multifaceted mission: whether ocean cruises, expedition trips, luxury cruises or river cruises. As an experienced partner in hotel and crew management of international shipping companies, sea chefs offers unique career opportunities on board cruise ships in the premium to luxury segment.
Discover the most beautiful ports of Europe with us and experience your #WorldClassMoments!
The recipy for you career onboard: passion for your work, a big portion of engagement and a sense for culinary delights.
- Responsible for the entire galley sector – supervising and coordination of all works in the assigned department and delegating special functions in the galley
- Responsible for ordering and purchasing of food as well as cost and budget control and analysis in cooperation with Hotel Manager
- Planning and compiling menus according to the preset standards and budgets
- Implementation as well as continual maintenance and improvement of the quality standards
- Responsibility for the adherence of all relevant hygiene (HACCP), safety and environmental regulations in the galley and the careful handling of all equipment and machinery
- Always available as contact for guests regarding inquiries and complaints
- Motivation of galley crew to excellent service
- Delegating service and vacation schedules in the galley department (together with Hotel Manager)
This is what you bring on board:
- Professional diploma as cook, preferably Chef de Cuisine’s diploma
- Experience as Chef de Cuisine in a variety of operations or internal qualification
- Supplementary courses and trainings
- Cost and quality awareness as well as experience in managing complaints
- Good knowledge of English language
- Specialist competence, ability to work under duress, reliability, creativity
- Well-groomed, self-assured and calm manner towards guests and crew members
- Quality of leadership, capable of motivation
This is what awaits you on your journey
This is what we offer you:
Travelling the world
Paid and organized travel
International work environment
Free accommodation & catering
Exclusive crew areas
Great career opportunities
Development & training courses
Free uniform cleaning