Maitre 'd (f/m/d) – River – 1005736
River cruises offer new perspectives, destinations and challenges every day. Take your chance to get to know the most beautiful ports and cultures in Europe. Follow the Danube to Vienna, the Eiffel Tower on the Seine or explore Amsterdam with your team. With enthusiasm and motivation for your job you have the best career opportunities – with commitment and team spirit you win friends for life. Since on most of our river ships the board language is English, the English job description already awaits you here.
Your employer sea chefs – on a multifaceted mission: whether ocean cruises, expedition trips, luxury cruises or river cruises. As an experienced partner in hotel and crew management of international shipping companies, sea chefs offers unique career opportunities on board cruise ships in the premium to luxury segment.
Discover the most beautiful ports of Europe with us and experience your #WorldClassMoments!
You know the service sector from a to z but Queijadas and Palinka don't sound familiar for you? With your job onboard, you're not only serving culinary delights, but real experiences.
- Managing the entire service department as a decision maker and guarantee of a smooth operation
- Control and enforcement of the quality standards and adherence of all relevant hygiene (HACCP), safety and environmental regulations
- Responsibility for the sufficient supply of material, equipment and personnel for all service operations according to the prescribed standard
- Obligation to attend during restaurant and buffet service
- Responsibility for the careful handling of all equipment and machinery in the entire service
- Always available as contact for passengers regarding inquiries, complaints and suggestions in the service and also for crew working in the service department
- Planning, organizing and delegating special functions in the service and motivation of the service crew
- Delegating service and vacation schedules together with Hotel Manager
What you bring on board:
- Professional training as hotel / restaurant specialist or provable relevant experiences within the area with several years of practical experience, final qualification of a hotel vocational school desired
- Excellent knowledge in service and galley area especially in beverages and wines
- Cost and quality awareness as well as experience in managing complaints
- Very good knowledge of English language
- Specialist competence, ability to work under stress, reliability, creativity
- Pleasant and polite manners, smart and well-groomed appearance
- Self-assured and calm manner towards staff and passengers
- Quality of leadership, capable of motivation
This is what awaits you on your journey
This is what we offer you:
Travelling the world
Paid and organized travel
International work environment
Free accommodation & catering
Exclusive crew areas
Great career opportunities
Development & training courses
Free uniform cleaning