Maître d’hôtel (f/m/d) – Expedition cruise – 626343
Gastronomy & Service
Be among the best – go from observer to explorer: with your job at sea chefs you will experience real adventures on board the youngest and most modern expedition fleet in the world: HANSEATIC nature, HANSEATIC inspiration and HANSEATIC spirit. Categorized with the highest ice class, the expedition fleet of Hapag-Lloyd Cruises reaches the most beautiful and remote places on earth.
Your employer sea chefs – on a multifaceted mission: whether ocean cruises, expedition cruises, luxury cruises or river cruises. As an experienced partner in the hotel and crew management of international shipping companies, sea chefs offers unique career opportunities on board cruise ships in the premium to luxury segment.
Discover the world with us and experience your #WorldClassMoments!
In your veins flow not only the blood of a true sailor, but also leadership, integrity and team spirit? Your motivation is the course, your team the anchor!
- Decision maker for the entire service area
- Lead the largest department on board with up to 100 crew members
- Responsibility for up to 7 restaurants and 6 bars
- Control and enforce quality standards, and ensure smooth service operations in all outlets
- Passenger contact for questions, suggestions, complaints and reservation issues
- Present as the point of contact for all crew members working in the service area
- Instruction and implementation of internal training measures
- Duration of your 1st contract: 3-6 months (gladly also after individual arrangement)
We are looking for the best: You! Here’s what you bring on board:
- Education in the restaurant sector, hotel sector and several years of professional experience in a management position in various upscale catering establishments and/or cruise ships
- Very good knowledge of service and cuisine as well as beverage and wine knowledge
- Strong leadership personality with the ability to motivate employees (f/m/d) even in stressful situations
- Cost and quality consciousness
- Very well-groomed and pleasant appearance with pleasant and polite manners and correct linguistic expression
- Very good German & English skills (spoken and written)
- Familiar with Office applications
What awaits you on your journey with us:
The most beautiful destinations on earth
Paid arrival & departure
International working environment
Free room and board
Exclusive crew areas
Good opportunities for advancement
Further education & trainings
Health and accident insurance
Free cleaning of the uniform
- All Benefits