Sommelier (f/m/d) – Mein Schiff – 629496
Gastronomy & Service
Then start the adventure of a lifetime and come aboard the My Ship® fleet: The fleet is now with seven ships on the seas of the world on the move and stands für zeitgemäßen premium vacation.
Your employer sea chefs – on a multifaceted mission: whether ocean cruises, expedition trips, luxury cruises or river cruises. As an experienced partner in the hotel and crew management of international shipping companies, sea chefs offers unique career opportunities on board cruise ships in the premium to luxury segment.
Discover the world with us and experience your #WorldClassMoments!
You have a passion for gastronomy, but durian and halo-halo are foreign words even to you? With your job on board as Sommelier (Senior Headwaiter Wine Service) you look über the edge of the plate and serve not dishes, but experiences:
- Responsible for developing and managing wine service, wine storage and ordering in all F&B outlets.
- Comprehensive knowledge üof wines and regions of different grape varieties.
- Organize and propose wine recommendations for all men&s and all F&B outlets.
- Selling and moderating all wine tastings.
- Understand outlets’ budgets and profit goals and work with management to achieve sales goals.
- Contract length of your first assignment: 4 – 6 months, subsequent follow-up contracts possible
- Your advancement will be based on your availability in connection with the assignment planning on board and is generally possible all year round on every day of the month
This is what you bring on board:
- A certification as a sommelier or a degree in hospitality is an advantage.
- Experience as a sommelier, wine steward or in a similar role in the hospitality industry.
- Extensive knowledge über food and beverage pairings.
- Good computer skills (operation and programming of a POS system).
- Knowledge of German & English (written and spoken).
- High willingness to provide service to guests and crew members.
What awaits you on your journey with us:
The most beautiful destinations on earth
Paid arrival & departure
International working environment
Free room and board
Exclusive crew areas
Good opportunities for advancement
Further education & trainings
Health and accident insurance
Free cleaning of the uniform
- All Benefits