Sous Chef (f/m/d) – Expedition cruise – 1049276
Be one of the best – go from observer to explorer: With your job at sea chefs you will experience real adventures on board the youngest and most modern expedition fleet in the world: HANSEATIC nature, HANSEATIC inspiration and HANSEATIC spirit. Categorized with the highest ice class, the expedition fleet of Hapag-Lloyd Cruises reaches the most beautiful and remote places on earth.
Your employer sea chefs – on a diverse mission: whether ocean cruises, expedition cruises, luxury cruises or river cruises. As an experienced partner in the hotel and crew management of international shipping companies, sea chefs offers unique career opportunities on board cruise ships in the premium to luxury segment.
Discover the world with us and experience your #WorldClassMoments!
This is what awaits you on your journey with us:
- In this position, you will be responsible for the organization of an outlet in the galley with up to 180 guests and up to 15 crew members in breakfast, lunch and dinner service and report to the Chef de Cuisine.
- You support the Chef de Cuisine in creating the duty roster and scheduling the galley crew and act as a deputy.
- You will provide your team with professional and disciplinary leadership and ensure an open feedback culture and harmonious interaction.
- You will monitor the preparation of all dishes and menus produced daily and their visual presentation.
- During service times, you will be present in the galley and coordinate your team.
- Contract duration of your 1st contract: 4 – 6 months (by individual arrangement)
What you bring on board:
- Completed training as a chef (f/m/d) as well as initial professional experience in a management position in upscale gastronomy
- Very good specialist knowledge in the gastronomy sector and in food science, which you are also happy to pass on to your team.
- You are reliable and resilient and have no problem thinking outside the box.
- Managerial personality with the ability to lead and motivate a team professionally and disciplinary
- Groomed appearance and excellent manners
- Very good knowledge of German and English
- Familiar with MS Office applications
This is what awaits you on your journey
What we offer you:
The most beautiful destinations on earth
Paid arrival & departure
International working environment
Free accommodation and meals
Exclusive crew areas
Good opportunities for advancement
Further education & Trainings
Health and accident insurance
Free uniform cleaning