Sous Chef (f/m/d) – Mein Schiff – 1006337
Then start the adventure of a lifetime and come aboard the My Ship® fleet: The fleet now has seven ships sailing the world’s oceans and stands for contemporary premium vacations.
Your employer sea chefs – on a multifaceted mission: whether ocean cruises, expedition trips, luxury cruises or river cruises. As an experienced partner in hotel and crew management of international shipping companies, sea chefs offers unique career opportunities on board cruise ships in the premium to luxury segment.
Discover the world with us and experience your #WorldClassMoments!
What awaits you on your journey with us:
- In this position you are independently responsible for the organization of up to 3 outlets in the Galley and report to the Executive Sous Chef.
- You control the preparation of all daily produced dishes and menüs as well as their visual presentation.
- For special occasions, such as theme nights, you create suitable taste experiences.
- You lead your team of Demi and Chefs de Partie professionally and disciplinarily and ensure für an open feedback culture and harmonious interaction.
- Contract duration of your first assignment: 4 months, subsequent follow-up contracts possible
- Your advancement will be based on your availability in connection with the assignment planning on board and is generally possible throughout the year
What you bring on board:
- Completed training as a chef (f/m/d) as well as initial work experience in a Führungsposition in the upscale gastronomy
- Very good technical knowledge in the field of gastronomy and food science, which you also like to pass on to your team.
- You are reliable and resilient and have no problem to think outside the box.
- Leadership personality with the ability to lead and motivate a team professionally and disciplinary
- Groomed appearance and excellent manners
- Very good German and English skills
- Familiar with MS Office applications
This is what awaits you on your journey
This is what we offer you:
The most beautiful destinations on earth
Paid travel to & from
International working environment
Free room and board
Exclusive crew areas
Good career opportunities
Further education & Trainings
Health and accident insurance
Free uniform cleaning